Saturday, May 06, 2006

Blogging from 30,000 feet

Firsly, not sure this will even work as I'm currently in the air somewhere above the south china sea - heading for Australia.

Singapore airlines is the first one I've used that lets you use your laptop and get high speed wireless web access in the air. Pretty cool as I'm getting very bored with flying already.

So, secondly when I said we were going to Padyang, of course I meant Pattaya - think it must have been a flashback to nam!

It was great to see a bit of rural thailand after the chaotic busstle of Bangkok, bit a 6 hour trek in a battered old volvo left us ( well me) looking like Mick Dundee after a few days in the bush. Pinar slept for most of it but I'm saving that for another post.

The scenry was fantastic - like something out of the heart of darkness - and we stopped at a tiger and crocdile breeding centre on the way. Quite why they choose to breed literally thousands of these two animals isn't clear but going in there is like visiting a ginat ikea for James bond baddies, especially all the croc pool!

It was tainted a bit as teh place seemed to add on some strange victorian circus act-type shows for the less liberal minded tourists and had some horribly anacranictic stuff like elephants walking tightropes or playing basket ball.

Perhaps they enjoy it, who can tell, but it left me feeling a bit uneasy - Still, at the end of the day I saw an elephant walking a tightrope. Accepting for cartoons I doubt I'll see that again.

No comments:

Site Meter